14 April 2016
Tempers flare on the floor of the House of Representatives yesterday as some members demanded for the resignation of the Chairman House Committee on Appropriation, Hon Albdumumin Jibrin.
Hon. Jibrin was accused of influencing allocation of projects worth N4.169billion to his constituency outside what was budgeted by the Executive.
The “furious” members also opposed the allocation of N40billion (at N20b apiece) to those in the leadership of both the Senate and the House. They specifically faulted the concession of projects of over N3billion to the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara out of the N20billion for the House leadership.
It took the intervention of the Speaker and his principal officers who opted for an executive session to calm the nerves of the angry members.
Hon. Abdumumin Jibrin is the Chairman House Committee on Appropriation. He represents Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives.
Some of the projects allocated to Jibrin’s Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency are:
- N100m for Town Hall
- Construction of roads in Kiru/Bebeji—N150m
- Solar street lights—N300m
- Badaf Road Construction—N405m
- Pedestrian Bridges —N200m
- Bebeji Earth Dam—N270m
- Empowerment items—N100m
- Entrepreneurship Development Training and Vocational Centre —N100m
- Rehabilitation of Gwarzo Kiru, Kwanar Maiyaki–N180m
- Rehabilitation of Sharada-Kwanar Dogara—N1.445billion
- Construction of solar powered boreholes–N150m
- Supply of tricycles, grinding machines and set of women salon empowerment kits—N200m
- Small irrigation scheme ins in Kiru—N100m