19 May 2016
If you do not yet have coconut in your diet or part of your skin and hair therapies, it is important you include it ASAP! Coconut is known for its versatility. It is used for different things from natural hair treatments to food. Due to the large quantity of water they possess, coconut is quite distinct from other fruits.
The benefits of coconuts are immense. For example, the oil and milk derived from it are commonly used in cooking and frying, as well as in soaps and cosmetics. The husks and leaves can be used as material to make a variety of products for furnishing and decorating.
Also, the combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on health which includes better brain function.
If you’re looking to loose some weight, incorporating coconut oil into your diet would help.
This post focused only on the health benefits of coconut oil to the exclusion of all the derivatives of coconut.
1. Coconut helps with weight loss: Instead of using groundnut oil, coconut oil is a better alternative when frying. It can only be used with salad dressing and to fry eggs. A spoonful in tea has been said to give your tea a mild flavor. Study also shows that coconut oil feature is likely to help you reduce hunger and this may be related to the way the fatty acids in it are metabolized because ketone bodies can have an appetite reducing effect.
2. It has amazing beauty effects: It could be used as a facial scrub, shaving lotion, make up remover, cheekbone highlighter, lip balm and stretch mark remover. It helps fade age spots and can be used as moisturizer and massage oil.
3. It is energizing: One tea spoon of coconut oil is way better than caffeine which has adverse effects on the body. It gives a burst of energy and may raise metabolism.
4. Since it is saturated with fats, it has been shown to help reduce cholesterol levels.
5. It helps protect your hair from being damaged: Rubbing coconut oil on your hair and scalp will help grow your natural hair and prevent breakage.