17 May 2016
The rains are here, you can feel it in the air, the steady cold chill, the strong winds, the wetness and damp earth. The rains have finally come with all its unpredictability. Because of the nature of the season, with the way the rain falls, sometimes with little or no warning and the cold that most often leaves you sneezing and shivering, there are a couple of essentials we think would come handy for you;
– Umbrella: An umbrella is your best friend during the rainy season. Always carry them along whenever you go out, wherever you may be going. This is so you don’t get caught in the rain and get drenched by it. Getting soaked takes you a step closer to catching a cold this season.
– Rubber shoes: Invest in or bring out your rubber shoes or slippers. The rains are not so kind to leather so switch it up with rubber soled shoes or outright rubber shoes. In case of flooding – for those in Lagos – it’ll save you a ton to always have a pair of rubber shoes handy for wadding in the pools and streams that will form on the road.
– Sweater: A sweater will keep you protected from catching a cold which is something you do not want this rainy season. Always have it with you because you never know when the weather will decide to take a turn and rain cats and dogs and a few chickens too.
– Scarf: If you can’t have a sweater on you at all times, then a scarf is a good thing to have handy. Drape it over your neck or wrap it round your shoulders and try to keep snug and warm and safe from the cold and rain.
– Rain coat: Though not so popular, it’s also very effective especially where an umbrella might not work because of the strong winds that sometimes accompany the rains. A rain coat will ensure that regardless the force of the wind, you’re protected all over under the coat.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.