20 April 2016
Zadie Smith is an English novelist, essayist, and short story writer. She’s written 4 novels that have received praises world over.
In her wealth of knowledge she dropped some tips for writers. Below are the tips:
1. Try to read your own work as a stranger would read it, or even better, as an enemy would.
2. Leave a decent space of time between writing something and editing it.
3. Avoid cliques, gangs, groups. The presence of a crowd won’t make your writing any better than it is.
4. Work on a computer that is disconnected from the internet.
5. Protect the time and space in which you write. Keep everybody away from it, even the people who are most important to you.