2 September 2016
Electronics giant, ACER at the ongoing IFA tech conference in Berlin, Germany, announced what it called the ‘world’s thinnest laptop’, the Acer Swift 7.
The Acer Swift 7 is the first laptop to duck in under the 1cm barrier – it’s just 9.98mm in height, comes encased in an all-aluminum chassis and has a 13.3-inch IPS screen.
Alongside the Acer Swift 7, the Acer Swift 5 was also announced, a 14-inch laptop with optional touchscreen.
And there is also the Acer Swift 3, the more budget offering with an Intel Pentium or Celeron processor and 4GB of ram.
Whether or not it is the world’s fastest and thinnest laptop as claimed by ACER, the new Acer Swift 7 has some unique features.
- At 9.98 millimeters it only just squeezes under the 1 centimeter mark.
- Weighs 1.1kg
- 3-inch Full HD display(1080×1920 pixels)
- 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor,
- 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of SSD storage.
- Micro-bezel and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 9 hours of battery life in a single charge.
- It supports dual-USB 3.1 Type-C ports along with HD webcam.
The new Swift 7 is priced at $999 (N411,600) and will start selling in October.
Author: Timilehin Boyinde
Oluwatimilehin Boyinde is a research writer and a social media strategist. A public affairs analyst, he writes about history, politics, sports, life matters and technology. He is passionate about happenings in Local and international political arenas. He is an avid Manchester United fan and an unapologetic Nigerian.