malaysian-airlines

Relatives and family members of passengers on missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 have urged the governments looking for the plane to continue with the search.

The plane went missing on March 8, 2014, between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.

The next of kin from Malaysia, China and Indonesia met on Monday with Australian government officials, including the Australian Transport Safety Bureau that has conducted the underwater search.

The Bureau covered more than 90 per cent of the 120,000 square kilometres of the search.

Australia has taken the lead in the search for the plane.

The hunt is set to be suspended later this year, unless there is “new credible evidence.”

The relatives said the Australian officials could not give any information on the search area or what “new credible evidence” might be.

The three governments have not defined what constitutes such evidence, so the search could continue, said Grace Nathan, who lost her mother Anne on the flight.

She added that the relatives were told that the debris, some 25 pieces, found so far did not help to redefine the search area.

“So, we call on the three nations, Australia, China and Malaysia, to make a concerted effort to go out and look for the credible new information and to continue with the search, no matter what,” she said.

“Should funding be an issue, we hope for Malaysia to step forward and request more funding,’’ she added.

Author: Cerebral Lemon