4 July 2016
With Atletico Madrid reportedly interested in Chelsea striker, Diego Costa, after he indicated he would like to leave, new manager Antonio Conte has told Chelsea management to move for Southampton and Italian striker, Graziano Pelle.
According to report, Conte has already told Chelsea to make an offer for Pelle next week. Everton is also said to be interested in the services of the Italian centre forward.
Conte led Italy to a quarter final exit from Euro 2016 championship when they were defeated by Germany on penalties Saturday evening.
Pelle scored two goals for the Italians at the championship and impressed many with his strong and resilient display.
Since Costa has allegedly told Chelsea he wants out, it would seem like Conte wants Pelle, a similar player to Costa as replacement.
Chelsea at the weekend unveiled their first summer acquisition, 22 year old Belgium striker, Michy Batshuayi. He would be wearing number 23.
The young striker has since then been all over social media telling of his excitement at starting a new phase of his career at one of the biggest teams in the world.
On Sunday, Batshuayi tweeted: “@oscar8 @ChelseaFC thx???? I can’t wait to convert your assists”, in response to Oscar’s earlier welcome tweet.
If Pelle’s deal goes through and Costa leaves, Chelsea’s striking options will be: Michy Batshuayi, Loic Remy, Bertrand Traore, Graziano Pelle.