3 May 2016
It is very possible that everyday can be better than the previous day; it all boils down to how you get your morning started.
By simply doing the right things once you wake up every morning, everyday will go down as your best day ever.
Here are the 5 things you should do every morning on waking up.
1. Tell yourself it’ll be a good day: Research has shown that a positive attitude often times yield positive results. Regardless of what day it is or the fact that you have to rush off to get ready for work or school, take a minute and tell yourself the day will be good for you and it will be.
2. Hydrate; drink at least one glass of water: Water is essential for life and as soon as you wake up in the morning, you will have gone at least six hours without water, especially if you got up at some point in the night to urinate. Make sure to drink a glass of water or two, it’ll help refresh your body as well as your mind.
3. Meditate. Most people’s initial reaction after waking up is to reach for their phones/tablets/laptops to respond to mails or messages from the night before. But rather than react to messages of the day, meditate on what you envision for your day. That puts you in control and in the driver’s seat as you steer yourself in the right direction you want your day to go.
4. Exercise. While meditation flexes and relaxes your mind, physical exercise will relax and flex your body, which is important for an active day. Engage in a few minutes of whatever exercise appeals to you. Jogging, yoga, dancing, anything that gets your blood flowing and you sweating is good for you.
5. Take a cold bath. Cold showers have been known to help in blood circulation and brain stimulation. Especially after working up a sweat from the morning exercise, having a cold bath refreshes and rejuvenates the body and will help you set the pace for your day.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.