24 May 2016
The family of Oluchi Anekwe, a 300-level student of Accounting in the University of Lagos, who was electrocuted by a live wire on the school premises, has been paid N45m as compensation.
The student of UNILAG, was electrocuted at about 7pm, while returning from an evening mass with her younger sister.
Oluchi had reportedly entered the Eni Njoku Hall to buy an item and was walking out of the hostel when a high-tension wire fell on her.
Femi Falana reportedly took up the case and wrote EKEDC, asking that the firm compensate the family or risk litigation.
It was gathered that after series of meetings, the power firm buckled and settled with the family.
Author: Ekpeki Donald Pen Prince
Ekpeki Chovwe Donald styled the PenPrince is a writer and lawyer in equity. He has an unhealthy interest in wit, pun and poetry. When he’s not writing, he’s reading and when he’s not reading, he’s breathing. He breathes words.