19 May 2016
Our daily activities say a lot about us and our habits. A routine is something you do frequently and constantly which shapes your personality and character. It is always advisable to incorporate healthy habits to our daily routines for a well balanced lifestyle.
The following are good things to incorporate into your daily routine for a healthy, balanced life;
– Meditation: Keeping your mind active and healthy will in turn keep your body active and healthy. The physical is ruled by the spirit and so a strong spiritual lifestyle will influence your physical lifestyle. Spend at least fifteen minutes a day meditating in whatever means that suits you. Pray, read something inspirational or just focus your mind on nothing. Begin with a few minutes at first but try to work up to longer periods. You also don’t have to stick to once a day, you can spread it to two or more times throughout the day.
– Exercise: Once your mind begins to get it’s daily workout, your body needs to follow suit. Incorporate regular daily physical exercises and workouts to stretch out your body and muscles. Exercise has too many positive effects to mention. Begin with a few minutes a day and work up to longer periods. If possible, spread to two or more different times in the day. Try exercises like yoga, dancing or running.
– Frequent moisturizing: Moisturizing keeps the skin moist just as the word pertains. It helps to maintain the skin’s integrity as the moisture is good to keep skin soft and supple. Lack of regular moisturizing will in time make the skin look dry and ashen and can even result in break outs. Take proper care of your skin and regularly moisturize it as many times as you bathe or wash your hands.
– Hydration: Water is essential to life and living and so to maintain a balanced and healthy life, always drink plenty of water. Research has shown that regular intake of water is tied to healthy and youthful looking skin. The human body is made mostly of water and so it makes sense that a good amount of regular supply of water is what is needed to maintain and keep the body balanced and healthy. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day, and to start off your day, ensure to drink a glass of water every morning before breakfast.
– Recreation: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Not dull in terms of intelligence but dull in terms of excitement and happiness. Recreation is good to help clear the mind of all the stress and worry daily work attempts to place on the brain. Find time in a day to relax and recreate. Perform a task or activity that does not require too much mental exertion. It can be for a duration of fifteen minutes to one hour but ensure to always dedicate some time in your day to relax and not think or do any work.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.