30 April 2016
Mavin records artiste in an interview shared her side of the story as regards her marriage controversy. Just a few days ago, after posting suicidal messages on his Instagram page, Tee Billz, Tiwa Savage’s husband tried to commit suicide. Tee Billz attempted to take his own life by jumping off the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge. In his messages on instagram, Tee Billz made a lot of accusations. He said Tiwa was cheating on him, and her mother was a witch.
She has since reacted to the accusations directed at her in a 45minute interview that has got everyone talking since it dropped. In the interview anchored by Azuka Ogujuiba of Thisday, Tiwa addressed and revealed quite a lot of things.
Here are ten key points to note from the interview:
– Tiwa and Tee Billz have been separated for the past two months.
– Their wedding anniversary was on the 28th of April.
– Tiwa Savage recently lost a baby. In the interview, she said “I have covered up for a lot of hurt in our relationship. I was in Jamaica recently and just before I went to Jamaica, I found out that I was pregnant again. We both discussed it and tried to figure out how to manage the situation, because it was another baby so soon. So I went to London and got on a 10-hour flight to Jamaica to shoot a video with Busy Signal. But on the morning we were supposed to shoot the video, while I was doing my make-up, I started bleeding uncontrollably, so I started panicking and I called TJ. I took pictures and sent it to him, they rushed me to the hospital, I had complications but I still couldn’t reach him, so Thompson who was with me, had to help me sign all the documents in the hospital. So I got discharged from the hospital and still tried to call TJ to let him know what happened because he didn’t call to see how I was or know what happened”.
– Tiwa believes Teebillz is cheating on her. “…while we were sleeping, his phone was going off and it was the middle of the night and I kept on seeing the name calling him, ‘Edible Catering’. And it didn’t make sense because why would a catering company be calling my husband at that time of the night and yes as a woman, I picked up his phone and I went through his phone got into his Whatsapp and there’s this long conversation with this same ‘Edible’ number. And I’m seeing stuff like ‘can we meet at the hotel tonight’, ‘Do you live alone’, and ‘is it okay if I come by’. The last message I saw was, ‘I had to leave at 7am today because you were still sleeping’. Then he responded saying, ‘Yea because you knocked me out last night, it was a great night’. So obviously I woke him up and was like what’s going on, and he said to me, it’s not what I think. Then I asked if all these happened on our bed, then he said no it was at a hotel but nothing happened that they were just chilling. The thing that hurt me the most was that this happened while I was in Jamaica in a hospital and I was sending him pictures but he didn’t bother to respond because he was chilling with another woman in a hotel room.”
– On her husband’s allegations of infidelity, she says for the record that she has never cheated on her husband.
– Teebillz is being investigated by EFCC. Tiwa said “the last one that happened that I think really triggered this whole thing was that he went to borrow N45m from someone and he’s lost the money. I just found out. I was in the studio recording and got a call that EFCC is investigating that TJ is in big trouble that people may hurt him.”
– She once walked in on him doing cocaine while they were still living in 1004. He hid it and started screaming at her.
– On getting marriage and the future, she said “now that I’ve made a mistake, do I want to wait 10 years or 15 years? If you are not happy you can leave and I was scared will I ever find somebody, will I ever find happiness, will I ever find someone else to marry me? I don’t care at this point if I never get married again. All I care about now is being happy for Jamil. I care about being strong; I care about not walking on eggshells. And you know what? I do want a man that works, that can help me financially. Not saying he has to be a millionaire or billionaire, but somebody that can help or at least not put me in more debt”.
– She describes the marriage as a mentally abusive relationship, “no, and I’ll never play that victim card. But it was a mentally abusive relationship because all I hear everyday is how he made me, how he did this and that for me, I created you, I took you from nothing. He didn’t find me in a dustbin.”
– She prays for him, and apologizes for any wrong she has done him. She said: “tonight I’m still going to pray for him. If I didn’t care about him or his well-being, I won’t have covered up for him for this long and even now I’m still helping him find a way out from his debt. But if there’s anything that I’ve overlooked to Tunji, I’m absolutely sorry. If I’ve done anything wrong to neglect you or not make you feel like a man, Tunji I’m sorry and you know I tried everything, you know I love you so much and I’m sorry. I never wanted to divorce and I never wanted it to come to this and I want him to get better. I’m not just saying it for the camera but I’ll always pray for him”.
Here’s a link to the full video. Watch it here: https://youtu.be/O22u_FUkmu8