newtelegraphonline.com

newtelegraphonline.com

The Commissioner of Police in Cross River, Mr Jimoh Ozi-Obeh, has confirmed the release of two Australians, one South African and two Nigerians abducted by gunmen at Edundun Bridge in Akpabuyo Local Government Area of the state on June 22.

The five are workers of Macmahon Construction Company. Their driver was killed during the attack.

Ozi-Obeh said that no ransom was paid to release the workers.

He said the success recorded during the rescue was the result of the combined efforts of security operatives with the support of the state government.

The Cross River Security Adviser, Mr Jude Ngaji, also confirmed the release of the workers.

He said: “I can confirm that they have been released. I was with them a short while ago.

“It is only the two Nigerians that had injuries while one or two others had some scars.’’

Ngaji said the workers had been treated and that they had spoken with their family members.

Author: Cerebral Lemon