18 May 2016
The easiest time of the year to catch a cold is the rainy season; you don’t need to do a lot wrong to catch a cold. Getting caught in the rain and forgetting to cover up before the weather changes most times leaves you vulnerable to chest colds, sore throats and stuffy nose. However, if you are careful, you can push away these symptoms and stay healthy all through the season.
Here are a couple of ways to keep warm during this season:
– Cover up with a blanket at night: because the temperature falls at night and forgetting to cover up is a sure way to catch a cold by morning.
– Hot water bottle: It’s a good way to maintain your regular body temperature when the weather falls a few degrees and it’s cold outside.
– Mentholatum: Rubbing a bit of menthol rub on your chest before bed helps to keep warm.
– Sweater/Cardigan: Wear a sweater or cardigan whether to bed or whenever the temperature falls and you run the risk of catching cold.
– Socks to bed: Cold comes into the body primarily through the toes. keep your feet warm especially at night by wearing socks to bed. Covered toes means a warmer you and no fear of catching a cold this rainy season.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.