6 May 2016
The Grand Novel Contest is a free writing contest that offers the winner the opportunity to get published. It is organized by Inkitt, an online publishing platform which uses sophisticated algorithms to measure reader engagement with writer’s stories and pitches the best stories to major publishing firms.
The contest is open to everyone. Simply submit a finished novel of 40,000 words or more; with the exception of fan fiction, any other genre is allowed.
The winner will be determined by Inkitt based on reader engagement. Also, the winner of the “Readers Choice Award” will be determined by the vote count.
Other terms include:
– By entering the contest, authors will retain all rights to their submitted works.
– The contest winner will get a publishing offer with the following terms:
- The author receives 85% of net earnings if the license is sold to an A-list publisher (e.g. Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, MacMillan or HarperCollins).
- In case the A-list publishers don’t pick it up, Inkitt will publish the novel and the author will receive 50% of Inkitt’s net earnings.
– Submission Period: March 7th – June 7th
– Voting Period: March 7th – June 14th
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm PST on June 7th.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.