29 April 2016
Many job seekers don’t pass interviews not because they are not smart or unqualified for the position they applied for, but because they’ve probably never come across these tips to having a successful interview. The tips are below:
– Dress Properly: The way you are dressed is the way you will be addressed, is not just a poplar saying but a fact that rings true especially in a job interview. Your dressing will say a lot about who you are and shows respect for the interviewer and the interview process.
– Take multiple copies of your CV: Even though you must have sent a copy of your CV before being called for the interview, it’s advisable to still bring along a copy of your CV in case the interviewer requests for it.
– Ask for clarification of questions: Before answering the interviewers questions, feel free to ask for clarifications if there is any confusion. Never assume. If a question is even remotely unclear, ask the interviewers to explain themselves rather than muddle through an answer that might be incorrect.
– Know a little about the company and/or job description you are interviewing for: Never show up blind for an interview. Have an idea of the services the company or organization offers or at least the job being interviewed for. This shows a level of respect for the interview process.
– Always be polite: Make sure to politely greet the interviewer before and after the interview begins.
– Sit properly: Sit with your legs crossed, shoulders straight and not slouched. This shows confidence, a trait interviewers look out for in applicants and future or potential employees.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.