3 May 2016
– Drink Lots of Water: Water is important for everything. The human body is made up of about 60 percent water. Drinking water helps keep the body healthy on the inside and also helps with smooth skin on the outside. Drink an average of three liters of water per day to help flush out the harmful toxins that cause the skin to turn grey or ashen.
– Exfoliate Regularly: Over time, there is a build up of dirt in the pores which leads to acne and other skin problems. Regular exfoliation will help get rid of or at least greatly reduce this build up. Make sure to exfoliate once every week or every two weeks to get smooth, soft skin.
– Get a Good Night’s Sleep: It’s not just a myth, there is such a thing as beauty sleep, and to get smooth skin, you need it. During sleep is when the body works to flush out the toxins that have built up throughout the day. Sleeping early not only has good health benefits but also helps rejuvenate the skin.
– Always Cleanse Your Face Before Sleep: Throughout the day, we come in contact with a lot of germs, to get smooth skin, it is advisable to cleanse your face before going to bed. Either wash with a mild soap and water or with a good facial cleanser.
– Moisturize Regularly: Moisture helps maintain the integrity of the skin and keeps it supple and smooth. Use a good moisturizer at least two times a day.
– Avoid Touching Your Face: As much germs as we come in contact with all day, much more attaches to our hands. Touching your face many times in the day adds more germs to the ones already there and also touching or pinching acne pimples cause spots and other marks to appear on the face.
Author: Aderonke Adeleke
Writer. Music lover. Movie junkie. Social Media Enthusiast. Aspiring dancer. Aspiring photographer. Social Introvert.