16 June 2016
If Tupac Shakur was alive today, he would be celebrating his forty fifth birthday. Despite his short stint at rap, he is considered one of the most influential rappers of all time.
In his remembrance today, we have put together ten incredible quotes he made in his lifetime:
10) Over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f*ck on.
9) Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature’s laws wrong, it learned to walk without having feet. Funny, it seems to by keeping its dreams; it learned to breathe fresh air. Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else even cared.
8) I’m not saying I’m gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.
7) You’re right. I am crazy. But you know what else? I don’t give a f*ck.
6) They have money for war but can’t feed the poor.
5) Why am I fighting to live,
If I am just living to fight
Why am I trying to see.
When there ain’t nothing in sight
Why am I trying to give,
When no one gives me a try
Why am I dying to live,
If I am just living to die?
4) Reality is wrong. Dreams are for the real.
3) If you can make it through the night, there’s a brighter day.
2) My mama always used to tell me: ‘If you can’t find somethin’ to live for, you best find somethin’ to die for.
1) There’s no way I could pay you back but my plan is to show you that I understand, you are appreciated
Author: Ekpeki Donald Pen Prince
Ekpeki Chovwe Donald styled the PenPrince is a writer and lawyer in equity. He has an unhealthy interest in wit, pun and poetry. When he’s not writing, he’s reading and when he’s not reading, he’s breathing. He breathes words.