21 April 2016
That Bugs Bunny loves them isn’t enough reason to convince you to eat carrots often. However, telling you a lot more of the goodness it has to offer, particularly for your skin would be a good motivator.
The consumption of carrots keeps your skin healthy and vibrant as they are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Carrots can also be used to prepare an inexpensive and convenient face mask. All you need to do is to mix grated carrot with some honey and apply it as a face mask to get glowing skin.
1. Treatment of Blemishes/Scars: Drinking carrot juice is effective in getting rid of blemishes and scars. You can also apply carrot pulp on your skin to clear the blemishes.
2. Anti-Ageing Benefits: Carrots also contain Vitamin C that aids the collagen production in the body. Collagen is a type of protein that is vital for the maintenance of the skin elasticity. It helps prevent wrinkles and locks the process of aging. Vitamin A, being an antioxidant, also attacks the free radicals to prevent the signs of aging like wrinkles, pigmentation and an uneven skin tone.
3. Sun Protection: Beta-carotene, found in carrots, is a skin-friendly nutrient that is converted to vitamin A inside the body. It helps in repairing the skin tissues and provides protection against the sun’s harsh rays. The antioxidants and carotenoids protect and condition the skin to increase its immunity against the sun and heal sunburns. In fact, the consumption of carrot juice in summer acts as a natural sun block.
4. Suitable For Dry Skin: The deficiency of potassium can lead to a dry skin. Carrots are rich in potassium. Hence, drinking carrot juice can prevent this problem and keep your skin hydrated.
5. Treatment of Skin Ailments: Carrots are effective in the prevention and cure of various skin ailments. The antioxidants in this vegetable can treat skin conditions like pimples and acne, rashes, dermatitis and other skin problems caused due to Vitamin A deficiency. However, keep in mind not to consume carrots in excess as they can cause your skin to temporarily turn yellowish-orange in color.
6. Healing Qualities: Carrots possess great healing qualities. Raw or grated carrots can be applied to wounds, cuts, and inflammation for quick healing. Their anti-inflammatory properties help to revitalize and tone the skin.